The Lake County Women’s Coalition Scholarship to the College of Lake County is in honor of Coalition founder Barbara Richardson.
The scholarship fund will be distributed as needed to one or more eligible students, to be applied to tuition, fees, books, transportation and/or on-site childcare. Students should submit applications to the CLC Financial Aid Office, which will forward them to the Coalition Scholarship Committee to arrange personal interview with applicants. After they are notified, recipients must meet with the Coalition Steering Committee to inform them of the scholarship's affect on their educational and occupational aspirations in order to have the monetary award applied to their CLC accounts.
Application Deadline: Friday, November 15, 2022
- Award will be applied to Spring 2022 and Fall 2022 semesters
- Application materials are available in the CLC Financial Aid Office
- At least half-time enrollment
- Woman age 30 or over
- Lake County resident
- Minimum 2.5 grade point average
- Financial need
Interested students should submit the following to the Financial Aid Office at the College of Lake County:
- A College of Lake County Scholarship Application
- One page double-spaced essay describing educational and career goals and community involvement
- FAFSA for current school year must be on file in Financial Aid Office